Skip to content
- Name: Coleorton Memorial Cross
- Address: Junction of Ashby Road and Farmtown Lane,
North West Leicestershire,
(near LE67 8FD)
- OS grid: SK 39487 16919
- Summary: Foliated stone cross with cusped arms raised on a tapered octagonal shaft mounted on a square pedestal with canted corners and a plinth, surrounded by a low concrete wall.
- Wars Commemorated:
- First World War
- Second World War: 1939-1945 (South East Asia 1945-1946)
- Full Inscription: "In memory of the men of this place who fell in the Great Wars 1914-1918 and 1939-1945 (names). Their name liveth for evermore."
- IWM Link: http://www.iwm.org.uk/memorials/item/memorial/14831
- Craftsmen: Messrs Robert Bridgeman and Sons (Designer and Sculptor)
- Date of Ceremony: 17/09/1922
- Notes: Previous location - in front of the Almshouses on the A512.