- Name: Esher Memorial Cross
- Address: Lammas Lane,
- OS grid: TQ 13836 64760
- Summary: Stone cross mounted on octagonal tapering column. Column stands on octagonal plinth which bears names and inscriptions. Plinth surmounts four-stepped stone base, with bottom step deeper than the others. Second world war names on plaques.
- Wars Commemorated:
- First World War
- Second World War: 1939-1945 (South East Asia 1945-1946)
- Full Inscription: "The Great War 1914-1919. Those whom this cross commemorates were numbered among the men who at the call of King and Country left all that was dear to them, endured hardship, faced danger and finally passed out of the sight of men by the path of duty and self sacrifice giving up their own lives that others might live in freedom let those who come after see to it that their names be not forgotten (names)/.1939-45 In equal honour these also died for freedom/ (names)."
- IWM Link: http://www.iwm.org.uk/memorials/item/memorial/23325
- Notes: Images courtesy of P Cooper, Surrey Heritage.
Leave a Comment